Chepstow Chasseur de Cols (CCC) Challenge 2020
Prepare yourself for the event of the year. Make yourself comfortable and browse the below segments to whet your appetite for the challenge!
There are two types of activities during which points can be collected:
- Best from 12 hills
- Ride & Altitude Quest (more information on this to follow)
Points can be collected until the 1st of October 2020 to win the accolade: “Chasseur de Cols”
The person with the most points will receive the Chepstow Chasseur de Cols accolade of the year
Best time from 12 Local Climb segments
• Ride from January - 30th September
• 20 points for best time on each hill
• 19 points for second, etc.
• Any attempt will at least get 5 points regardless of number of participants
• Best 10 scores count towards the challenge
• Not all hills need to be climbed
• Open to Members of Chepstow CC and Monmouthshire Wheelers
• Simply Join a Strava Club “Chepstow Chasseur de Cols (CCC)“ here: https://www.strava.com/clubs/185219
Ensure you are making your Activities Public on Strava and we will do the rest with regular results updates through the year.
• Joining the Strava club confirms your agreement to have your rides logged and results shares with both Monmouthshire Wheelers and Chepstow Cycling Club throughout the year.
The segments are (exact names below – other similar segments will not be used but may create confusion so use the hyperlinks to the segments) :
Monmouth Staunton on Tarmac - https://www.strava.com/segments/23943276
The Tumble Sign to Sign - https://www.strava.com/segments/14362931
Parc-Seymour full climb https://www.strava.com/segments/1041355
Pen-y-Clawdd climb from Raglan Road https://www.strava.com/segments/6882172
Monmouth Trellech Road https://www.strava.com/segments/1043735
Star Hill Final Climb https://www.strava.com/segments/13142142
Wentwood Reservoir - Complete Climb https://www.strava.com/segments/1088615
Whitebrook Farm to Monmouth Road https://www.strava.com/segments/4121622
Chepstow Bridge – Offa’s Dyke https://www.strava.com/segments/24569448
Climb to Cobblers Plain T Junction https://www.strava.com/segments/1294462
Tintern Trelleck https://www.strava.com/segments/1944769
Gospel Pass – Hay to the Top https://www.strava.com/segments/4452068
Ride & Altitude Quest
Ride from January – 30th September
Ride any number of distances and altitudes from the available 10 – see slides / pictures below
Any amount of rides can be done
Ride any distance and altitude combination only once
Completion of rides means you’ve earned the points
Speed is not of importance. Finishing the ride is of importance
Register on Strava https://www.strava.com/clubs/185219
Finished your ride? PM me (Andre Dekerf) with the Strava link to your ride and I will add your points
See you soon on one of those!